Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read some of The Crimson Petal and the White (plan on reading more in a bit) and picked up The curious incident of the dog in the night-time and read 75 pages of that so far.

Bought another book (I really can't help myself :)) Dry Store Room No. 1: The Secret Life of the Natural History Museum by Richard Fortey - really looking forward to reading this as I plan on doing a masters at the NHM in the future if I can.

I am reading the most dreadful novel (it's not in English, so I won't bother with a title) - and I need to write an essay on it, too, so there's no getting out of it. :blush: I'd much rather be continuing with Dorian Gray...

Well I finished all my current books so had to search the shelves for a re read, and what caught my eye was an old Anne McCaffrey which I haven't read in a long time 'Restoree' it was really good I had forgotten might go hunting for more old reads this week and revisit so much loved favourites.

I have been learning about it at college and have become really interested in it, so much so that I am basing my research project on it!

I was really interested when I heard about it too. Unfortunately we didn't get much choice for our dissertations. What's your project going to do?

I bought ~

Wedlock: How Georgian Britain's Worst Husband Met His Match by Wendy Moore

Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler

:blush:

Edited by Weave

I got stuck into Therese Raquin--Emile Zola and it's getting quite exciting.

The translation sounds a bit iffy to me sometimes though.

And as spring's rapidly approaching and it's time for the green fingered to get a wriggle on, I've done a couple of chapters of Joe Swift's Allotment Book.

Finished Mwah Mwah - Chloe Rayban. Not excellent but a light, quick y/a read.

Read a couple of chapters of Chocolate Wishes - Trisha Ashley and started Fallen - Kate Lauren, but I'm not very far into it, only read the Prologue so far. Will try and read the next chapter (or some of it) before bed.

I haven't been reading much lately; just a paragraph here and there of my 3 non-fiction books. I really want to get back to reading fiction but I certainly don't want to start a 4th book.

I've done hardly any reading over the last couple of days (terrible, I know!) but I read another couple of chapters of Vlad, and I'm still loving it. Making me cringe a bit, but still love it :blush:

Well I finished all my current books so had to search the shelves for a re read, and what caught my eye was an old Anne McCaffrey which I haven't read in a long time 'Restoree' it was really good I had forgotten might go hunting for more old reads this week and revisit so much loved favourites.

Restoree was my favourite Anne McCaffrey book I read it years ago. Remember it being very much a female fantasy quite different to all the male scifi I had read. Liked Ship who Sang also but the Dragon books were all poo-the one I managed to read anyway :blush:

I really want to finish Wuthering Heights today, because I want to be rid of it. I want to read good fast paced books with likable characters :blush:

Oh no that's not a very good recommendation of WH Frankie :tong:. I think I will pass on that one it is not often you do not say something good about a book.

Thanks to you and others I bought The Lovely Bones off Amazon might start that today. Hey sure was quiet on here the weekend.

I have discarded Narrow Dog to Carcassonne because it was making me lose my mojo, man!

I've now started The Bodies Left Behind by Jeffrey Deaver and so far, so good. Huzzah. :blush:

Oh no that's not a very good recommendation of WH Frankie. I think I will pass on that one it is not often you do not say something good about a book.

Uh oh :lol: Well it's my first time reading the book and I've heard some people on here say that they didn't enjoy it (as much) the first time around and they've learnt to appreciate it more each time they re-read it. I certainly don't want to get a bollocking from the WH fans just because my view of it made you not want to read it :lol: But I have to admit, at this point the book seems very overrated to me :tong:

Thanks to you and others I bought The Lovely Bones off Amazon might start that today. Hey sure was quiet on here the weekend.

I hope you like The Lovely Bones :D It's really sad right from the get go but it's also really captivating.

As for the forum being quiet, I hope people were too busy reading for once :blush: On my part I can say that BF was visiting and we had to share my old PC since his and my laptops are both broken at the mo. Very annoying!

I've now started The Bodies Left Behind by Jeffrey Deaver and so far, so good. Huzzah.

I bought that book last summer, the blurb was really chilling! I'm glad that it's bringing your mojo back! :D Looking forward to your review Mac!

I read some of The Pickwick Papers, it's not a ha ha read but it does keep making me smile!

I also started Stray by Rachel Vincent and I'm half way through that. It's not my favourite were-animal book but definately readable!

As much as I like reading Sylvia Plath's journals, they're just a little too much for me at the moment, so I'm going to start on Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K Jerome, thanks to the Janet's review. :blush: Today I've read a few pages of my various editing/punctuation books.

I read some of The Pickwick Papers, it's not a ha ha read but it does keep making me smile!

I also started Stray by Rachel Vincent and I'm half way through that. It's not my favourite were-animal book but definately readable!

The series does get better keep at it, I found myself really enjoying the other Rachel Vincent books. :blush: