Show your bookshelf

beef

Here are a couple photos of my book shelves. One is the pretty one in my living room (complete with cat) and the other is a couple stuffed in my closet. I have one more not pictured but it's half filled with DVDs and was a bit messy so I didn't bother taking a pic. Mind you, before the fire 3 years ago I had SO many more books, but this is what I've managed to build back up since losing most of them.

[ATTACH]405[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]406[/ATTACH]

I look your bookshelf peacefield, your cat is lovely and can I just say, the cat picture on your wall is gorgeous! (yes, I am very nosey) :friends0:

Peace, yours are so tidy, too! I love them!

I didn't know you had a fire in your house! :friends0: I hope no one was hurt and you were all okay!

I love your kitty cat, too.. how cute.. makes me miss mine that is at home. Aren't cats great ? :razz:

:friends0: Thanks guys! Yeah, Sascha (my cat) kept walking by the shelf so I finally just sat her down and made her pose for the pic, LOL.

Gyre, that cat picture on the left is something one of my sisters drew years ago and I've always loved it. I finally framed it and hung it up.

Bethany, there was a fire in the apt below mine and luckily I came out fine but unfortunately Sascha's brother Owen didn't make it :razz:. I only had minutes to grab what I could and she just wasn't as quick as her brother so I grabbed her and ran. But I agree, cats are great and I can't imagine my life without them.

Bethany, there was a fire in the apt below mine and luckily I came out fine but unfortunately Sascha's brother Owen didn't make it :friends0:. I only had minutes to grab what I could and she just wasn't as quick as her brother so I grabbed her and ran. But I agree, cats are great and I can't imagine my life without them.

Oh thats so sad, :razz: but sounds like you did the right thing. :friends0:I agree cats are great too, I miss having one, but one day I'll have one again.

Bethany, there was a fire in the apt below mine and luckily I came out fine but unfortunately Sascha's brother Owen didn't make it :friends0:. I only had minutes to grab what I could and she just wasn't as quick as her brother so I grabbed her and ran. But I agree, cats are great and I can't imagine my life without them.

Aww.. that's really sad :razz: I'm glad Sascha is okay at least though.. bless her heart!

Just out of curiosity, what else did you grab? That's always a question: "What would you grab if your house was on fire and you only had a few minutes?"

Aww.. that's really sad :friends0: I'm glad Sascha is okay at least though.. bless her heart!

Just out of curiosity, what else did you grab? That's always a question: "What would you grab if your house was on fire and you only had a few minutes?"

All I could grab was Sascha and my purse, which happened to be sitting on the table by my front door. Literally, I had only a minute or so because the fire was coming in so fast through the balcony doors. My mom was there too so I had to make sure she got out the door safely. It was awful :razz:. I still feel guilty sometimes that I couldn't find Owen, but there just wasn't time.

Has anyone seen this blog?

http://theblogonthebookshelf.blogspot.com/

The author posts a photograph of a bookshelf almost every day, from the weird to the wonderful, there are some amazing bookshelves out there. A great way to spend a spare 20 minutes, browsing through all the pictures, dreaming of owning some of them!

Sorry peacefield for my late reply, I am glad you and your Mum were okay, I am so sorry about Owen:friends0: Sascha is beautiful, I know what you mean about cats and bookshelves. every time I take a photo, Dylan manages to get into the shot :)

• 2 months later...

Here are some updated pictures of my library. The bookcase next to the armchair is full of DVDs, but a lot of my childhood books are stored behind them. I'm in the process of getting rid of some of those DVDs to make room for more books :lurker:

post-455-127972301294_thumb.jpg

post-455-127972301298_thumb.jpg

Here are some updated pictures of my library. The bookcase next to the armchair is full of DVDs, but a lot of my childhood books are stored behind them. I'm in the process of getting rid of some of those DVDs to make room for more books :lurker:

I love the first picture. I love how it goes around and the brick wall is awesome.

Thanks Adam ;) I like the way they go around the walls as well. Eventually I'll have to move the chair to make way for more bookcases so they'll be connected from one side of the room to another. :lurker: